Hi y’all. First, let me introduce myself. I’m Miss Delta Dandridge from Cedartown, Georgia. Some folks calls me a Southern Belle and I will allow that maybe it’s true. I am Southern and do I like ringing Cooper Thorne’s bell, especially if we’re smack under the mistletoe which I try to arrange at least four times a day!
Today I’m making out my holiday list because I surely do love Christmas.
As you can see, Most of the items are for Cooper Thorne. I do declare, that man surely does need a lot of work!
So here we go:
- A boot scraper – to make sure he gets all that manure off his boots BEFORE he comes into the house. I swear!
- A brand new black Stetson – I do LOVE my man in a Stetson! Talk about a handsome man with his black hair and eyes the color of gunmetal. My heart simply pounds when he saunters down the street in that lazy way of his. And that slow, sexy smile….well, it does things to me that it shouldn’t.
- A new white shirt – to across those broad shoulders and muscled chest.
- A leather vest – because every tough-as-grit man needs to look the part.
- A pair of black trousers – to accentuate his slim hips and long legs that know how to get me hot and bothered. Lord have mercy!
- A new pair of boots – to complete his new outfit
- A bottle of bay rum – so he’ll smell really sexy when we get up-close and personal
- Stock up on a big supply of mistletoe.
- A sack of lemon drops – because he has a horrible sweet tooth
- A dozen or so peach hand pies that he loves
- A silk, lacy chemise for me – so I can drive him crazy with desire
- A subscription to The Cattlemen’s Monthly for Cooper
- Shoes and coats for the orphans
- My homemade apple cake for Granny Ketchum and other special friends
- Knitted scarves for all the Women of Vision members and Jenny & Ben Barclay
- Leather gloves for Rand Sinclair and Brett Liberty
I think that’ll just about do it. I’m tickled to death to be able to help some folks. This Christmas is very special and will mark the first one for Cooper and me. I can’t wait to chop down a Christmas tree—I’ll go along because I want to get just the right one—and decorate it with strings of popcorn and cranberries.
Okay, now. I’ve got to go. Have so much to do and time’s a wastin’.
Cooper and I are wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas!!
TEXAS MAIL ORDER BRIDE releases on January 6. It’s available for preorder now. This is book one of my Bachelors of Battle Creek series. Book two, Twice a Texas Bride will be out in May 2015.
Merry Christmas from me! May you find many romances under your tree.
My best to all,
Texas Mail Order Bride
By Linda Broday
Historical Western Romance
January 6, 2015
“Linda Broday’s books always take me back to a west that feels true. Her love stories run deep with emotion. A delightful read.” —Jodi Thomas, New York Times bestselling author of Promise Me Texas
Rancher Cooper Thorne thinks his life is finally on an even keel—until Delta Dandridge steps off the stagecoach and claims she’s his mail order bride. Brash and quick-witted, the meddling Southern Belle is everything Cooper thought he never wanted…and everything his heart is telling him he needs.
But Cooper swore long ago that he’d never marry, and he aims to keep his word, especially now that the demons from his past have returned to threaten everything—and everyone—he holds dear…
one copy of TEXAS MAIL ORDER BRIDE by Linda Broday
a Rafflecopter giveaway
After 17 years I've finally finished my BA in English (no I do not want to be a teacher). Before majoring in English I would not have touched anything labeled "classic", but I have enjoyed a few along the way in my college career.
While I hated to read growing up, I am now an avid book reader and audiobook listener. I love rejecting reality one book at a time. I only read fiction within my favorite (at least to date) genres which include: most romance (paranormal, contemporary, D/s, BDSM, M/M)Urban Fantasy, and a few YA (mostly PNR or UF from favorite adult authors, but I'm slowly stepping out of my comfort zone after enjoying a few contemporary YA novels in adolescent literature class I took).
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- Excerpt from The Lost Vampire by Kate Baxter - August 23, 2017
- Team Romp Spotlight on Tougher in Texas by Kari Lynn Dell - August 21, 2017
- Team Romp Spotlight on Never Dare a Dragon by Ashlyn Chase - August 18, 2017