Series: White Trash Zombie #4
Narrator: Allison McLemore
Published by Audible on 07-01-14
Genres: Urban Fantasy
Length: 14 hrs and 21 mins
Audio | Goodreads
It’s zombie versus zombie as the Saberton Corporation declares war against the Zombie Mafia, kidnapping several of their party. It falls to Angel to lead the remnants of her gang halfway across the country to claw their way through corporate intrigue, zombie drugs, and undead trafficking to rescue her friends—and expose the traitor responsible for their abduction...
I’ve had How the White Trash Zombie Got Her Groove Back on my Audible account since it’s release day. Why has it taken me so long to listen to it? I had ‘meh’ feelings over the last novel, White Trash Zombies Apocalypse. I knew I had to be in the right mood to listen and after watching The CW’s new show, iZombie, I was finally in the mood to be back in Angel’s world.
- Angel’s signature snark
- Great secondary characters
- More understanding about zombie life and what they can do
- Less Marcus
- Allison McLemore’s narration
- More gore (earn it a 4 star vs a 3.5 star rating)
- Angel’s continuing growth as a character and heroine
What didn’t quite work:
- Slow start had me zoning out so I missed some key info
- The feel that there might be a new romantic interest for Angel (YAY) but by the end it looks like there might be more Marcus (he’s just not my favorite love interest for Angel)
- Still not clear on why Saberton and Nicole are after Zombies
- Confusion (on my part I’m sure since it’s been over a year since I listen to the last one) on some of the female characters. I kept getting them mixed up.
I’ll give a listen to the next novel, White Trash Zombie Gone Wild when it’s released in October. And on that October release date…. usually the novels are summer releases, I can’t help but wonder if the October release is because The Walking Dead returns in October? But I could be reading too much into it. LOL
If you enjoy heavy snark with your braaiins then you should try the White Trash Zombie series, starting with My Life as a White Trash Zombie.
After 17 years I've finally finished my BA in English (no I do not want to be a teacher). Before majoring in English I would not have touched anything labeled "classic", but I have enjoyed a few along the way in my college career.
While I hated to read growing up, I am now an avid book reader and audiobook listener. I love rejecting reality one book at a time. I only read fiction within my favorite (at least to date) genres which include: most romance (paranormal, contemporary, D/s, BDSM, M/M)Urban Fantasy, and a few YA (mostly PNR or UF from favorite adult authors, but I'm slowly stepping out of my comfort zone after enjoying a few contemporary YA novels in adolescent literature class I took).