I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Shattered Duty by Katie Reus
Series: Deadly Ops #3
Published by Signet on June 2nd 2015
Genres: Romantic Suspense
Amazon | Audio | B&N | Goodreads
When his wife was murdered two years ago, Special Agent Levi Lazaro turned his back on everything he cared about. Ever since, he has thought of nothing but vengeance. Now he's finally uncovered the identities of those who killed his wife—and he's ready to destroy them at any cost. He won’t let anything stand in his way—not even a beautiful NSA agent on a mission of her own.
Special Agent Selene Wolfe prides herself on being the best. Her fearlessness and quick-thinking make her the perfect person to take down a deadly terrorist cell. But she needs Levi’s help, and the moment he shows up, Selene knows her objectivity—and her heart—are in trouble.
As the two strike an uneasy alliance, Levi finds himself tormented by his desire for Selene—a feeling he thought long dead. But when their mission takes an unexpected turn, he finds himself faced with an impossible choice: either put aside his need for revenge, or save the woman who’s reawakened his soul…
Shattered Duty is the third book in Katie Reus’ Deadly Ops series but it’s my second book to read in the series. I know, I know. I need to go back and read/listen to book 1, Targeted. It’s on my reading plan.
Three reasons you should read Shattered Duty by Katie Reus:
- Special Agent Levi Lazaro – Who doesn’t love reading about a special agent / military, yummy alpha type?! Then add a horrific loss that sent Levi off the grid for two years looking for vengeance.
- Special Agent Selene Wolfe – Selene is a hardcore chick. She had a big loss in her past as well and had to grow up fast. She’s super smart, she hacked in the CIA at age fifteen and then later became an agent and trained to work in the field as The Wolf. She’s great with a sniper rifle and a computer. What’s not to like?
- The Romance – Levi and Selene had and instant-a-lust from the moment they saw each other. They both know it and want it. But as they work together to take down an evil terrorist their bond moves beyond lust to love.
- The last few chapters – (yes I know I said three reasons…) The last two chapters and epilogue made it worth staying up super late to finish Shattered Duty. Oh it wrapped up Levi and Selene’s relationship so well and it made me sniffle. It was so sweet and the best ending to their story!
I highly recommend Katie Reus’s Deadly Ops series to Romantic Suspense readers. They are a great balance between romance and action. You could start with Shattered Duty but you might miss a few connections on some of the secondary characters if you don’t start from the being with Targeted.
After 17 years I've finally finished my BA in English (no I do not want to be a teacher). Before majoring in English I would not have touched anything labeled "classic", but I have enjoyed a few along the way in my college career.
While I hated to read growing up, I am now an avid book reader and audiobook listener. I love rejecting reality one book at a time. I only read fiction within my favorite (at least to date) genres which include: most romance (paranormal, contemporary, D/s, BDSM, M/M)Urban Fantasy, and a few YA (mostly PNR or UF from favorite adult authors, but I'm slowly stepping out of my comfort zone after enjoying a few contemporary YA novels in adolescent literature class I took).
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- Menagerie by Rachel Vincent - May 26, 2017
- No One Puts Clara in the Corner!Buns by Alice Clayton - May 23, 2017
- Keep Me Safe by Maya Banks - May 20, 2017