Talking Between Reads (TBR) is a monthly discussion post where we talk about different topics from books to blogging and anything else we think you guys might enjoy. Stop by for new topics.
WTF am I reading and does it really matter what the label is as long as I’m enjoying it?!
- Apocalyptic – relating to the end of the world; relating to, or involving terrible violence and destruction. (per merriam-webster.com)
- In other words: that’s shit is happening now.
- Post–apocalyptic – set in a world or civilization after a disaster.
- In other words: fuck, that was some messed up shit that happened.
- Dystopia – an imaginary place where people are unhappy and usually afraid because they are not treated fairly. (per merriam-webster.com)
- In other words, could be the end of the world or after the end of the world but basically, people are treated like shit by a person/group.
In my research of the sub-genres and how to tell them apart, I ran across this awesome flow-cart that Erin Bowman put together.
Here’s another one to think about…
Ecotopia – An ecologically ideal region or form of society, generally viewed as imaginary. (per oxforddictionaries.com)
Yeah I’ve never heard of that one. Anyone read a book that was labeled Ecotopia? Let us know in the comments.
After 17 years I've finally finished my BA in English (no I do not want to be a teacher). Before majoring in English I would not have touched anything labeled "classic", but I have enjoyed a few along the way in my college career.
While I hated to read growing up, I am now an avid book reader and audiobook listener. I love rejecting reality one book at a time. I only read fiction within my favorite (at least to date) genres which include: most romance (paranormal, contemporary, D/s, BDSM, M/M)Urban Fantasy, and a few YA (mostly PNR or UF from favorite adult authors, but I'm slowly stepping out of my comfort zone after enjoying a few contemporary YA novels in adolescent literature class I took).
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- Team Romp Spotlight on Never Dare a Dragon by Ashlyn Chase - August 18, 2017
- Top Ten Reasons Sex Scenes are Better than Action Scenes with Jennifer Bernard - August 16, 2017
- Who Says Rompers Can’t Stomp? with Adriana Anders - August 14, 2017