I love listening to stories and am so thrilled my library has such a robust inventory of my favorite authors and narrators. Most of us know the importance of a good narrator to a story. But it’s just an added bonus when that narrator becomes the character he or she is portraying.
Here are some great examples.
1. Drew Evans in Tangled by Emma Chase – performed by Sebastian York
Sebastian just nailed Drew and made a good book great to listen to.
2. Joe Goldberg in You and Hidden Bodies by Caroline Kepnes – performed by Santino Fontana
This unique character had the potential of being a complete turnoff except Fontana made him leap from the pages and accept him.
3. Harry Bosch in the Harry Bosch series by Michael Connelly – performed by Dick Hill
Even though there is a narrator change after the fifth book, Hill will always be my Harry. After one hour of listening, I just knew he was Harry.
4. Myron Bolitar in the Myron Bolitar series by Harlan Coben – performed by Jonathan Marosz
Marosz retired once the series went on hiatus after the seventh book and I still miss him. He was Myron, capturing his sarcasm and humor.
5. Kate Daniels in the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews – performed by Renée Raudman
Raudman’s distinct voice will always be my Kate. She wears her like a tailored suit. Love her.
What narrators can you name who are the characters they perform?
I also love to talk about books. There’s nothing more exciting than to finish a great story and cover it A to Z with other people, exploring different perspectives and points of view. So, if you see something on my shelf you’d like to talk about, send me a message and we’ll talk!
Friend me at Goodreads.
Latest posts by Jonetta (see all)
- Blog Tour: The Last Chance Matinee by Mariah Stewart - March 22, 2017
- Slow Burn by Pamela Clare - March 21, 2017
- Audio Review: It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover - March 14, 2017