Talking Between Reads (TBR) is a monthly discussion post where we talk about different topics from books to blogging and anything else we think you guys might enjoy. Stop by for new topics.
Here’s another book tag. With cooler weather and Ho Ho Ho Read-a-thon just around the corner I thought the Coffee Book Tag would be a great fit for this month.
BLACK: NAME A SERIES THAT’S TOUGH TO GET INTO BUT HAS HARDCORE FANS.
- Jennifer – In Death by J.D. Robb. I’ve not started because of the number of books in the series.
- Jonetta – The Hollows by Kim Harrison. I’ve read 5 books and am struggling. (Jennifer – WHAT?!)
- Anne – Black Dagger Brotherhood by JR Ward. I can’t get into it. (Jennifer – I dropped it!)
PEPPERMINT MOCHA: NAME A BOOK THAT GETS MORE POPULAR DURING THE WINTER OR A FESTIVE TIME OF YEAR.
- Jennifer – The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror by Christopher Moore, for me. I’ve tried to get through this book more than one holiday season. One year I will do it. LOL
- Jonetta – A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
- Anne – I’m not big on seasonal stuff. But I think the Green Mountain series by Marie Force set in Vermont has a great seasonal flare.
HOT CHOCOLATE: WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CHILDREN’S BOOK?
- Jennifer – I loved reading Fox and Socks by Dr. Seuss with my son. It was a tongue twister and we had fun with it.
- Jonetta – Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Anne – That I read as a child. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L’Engle. Other top contenders would be the Laura Ingalls Wilder books, the Black Stallion books, the Nancy Drew books. Now, the Harry Potter books.
DOUBLE SHOT OF ESPRESSO: NAME A BOOK THAT KEPT YOU ON THE EDGE OF YOUR SEAT FROM START TO FINISH.
- Jennifer – Arcana Rising by Kresley Cole
- Jonetta – Just about any book by Karen Rose (her Romantic Suspense series) and Christy Reece’s Last Chance Rescue series.
- Anne – Written in Red by Anne Bishop
STARBUCKS: NAME A BOOK YOU SEE EVERYWHERE.
- Jennifer – In Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware
- Jonetta – Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly
- Anne – In Death books by J.D. Robb
THAT HIPSTER COFFEE SHOP: GIVE A BOOK BY AN INDIE AUTHOR A SHOUTOUT
- Jennifer – Big Rock by Lauren Blakely
- Jonetta – Nemesis by Lisa Clark O’Neill. Her Southern Comfort series is outstanding and she’s my auto-buy author.
- Anne – Waking Hearts by Elizabeth Hunter. Her Cambio Springs is my favorite but it is oddly her least popular of her series. I love them all.
OOPS! I ACCIDENTALLY GOT DECAF: NAME A BOOK YOU WERE EXPECTING MORE FROM.
- Jennifer – Feverborn by Karen Marie Moning
- Jonetta – Bird Box by Josh Malerman
- Anne – Marked in Flesh by Anne Bishop
THE PERFECT BLEND: NAME A BOOK OR SERIES THAT WAS BOTH BITTER AND SWEET, BUT ULTIMATELY SATISFYING.
- Jennifer – the last books in the Wild Season series and Beautiful Bastard series by Christina Lauren just because they were the last and I hated to see both series end.
- Jonetta – Grant County series by Karin Slaughter
- Anne – Deeper, and its sequel, Harder by Robin York (aka Ruthie Knox)
GREEN TEA: NAME A BOOK OR SERIES THAT IS QUIETLY BEAUTIFUL.
- Jennifer – Roman Crazy by Alice Clayton & Nina Bocci
- Jonetta – Dare River series by Ava Miles
- Anne – Miss Marple books by Agatha Christie. I don’t think I really read anything quiet, but this is the closest.
CHAI TEA: NAME A BOOK OR SERIES THAT MAKES YOU DREAM OF FAR OFF PLACES.
- Jennifer – Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning. I want to visit Dublin one day!
- Jonetta – The Guardians Trilogy by Nora Roberts. The locales in the first two books are spectacular!
- Anne – The Lost Fleet series and Beyond the Lost Fleet by Jack Campbell
EARL GREY: NAME YOUR FAVORITE CLASSIC.
- Jennifer – Don Juan by Lord Byron.
- Jonetta – The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers
- Anne – The Foundation and Robot series books by Isaac Asimov or Great Expectations by Charles Dickens, everything by Arthur Conan Doyle or Agatha Christie or The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula LeGuin
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- The Coincidence of Coconut Cake by Amy E. Reichert - April 28, 2017
- Accidentally on Purpose by Jill Shalvis - April 22, 2017
- Debut Author Chelsea Mueller Stops By - April 20, 2017