**I was approached by Audible to try the package for free for 3 months.**
I’ve been using Audible’s Romance Package for about 2 months now, the first month was the free trail offered to everyone. Mid way through that month I was contacted by Audible to try the package for 3 months. I took them up on it because I felt like I needed more than a month to see if it was a package I would use.
I have a Gold Membership (12 months credits at one time) so if I were to continue the package after my free trial it would only cost me $6.95 a month. (It’s $14.95 if you’re not a member)
My thoughts so far:
- Cheap way to discover new narrators/authors.
- 10 books at a time line is not a problem (after all you can only listen to one book at a time, right?).
- It is easy to return title from the mobile app.
- You can review the titles that you borrow (you need to do it BEFORE you return the title or you lost the capability).
- You can cancel at any time, so if you’re not getting enough use out of it you’re not wasting money.
- The purple R in the cover of the covers makes it easy to see titles when you’re searching.
- Can’t check books out from the mobile app. Not horrible but if you’re on the go and don’t have access to a computer then it could be a problem.
- Search feature really sucks. They do have categories like: character types, story themes, steamiest, etc. But you don’t get a big picture of what titles are available. I’ve learned to just search for authors/narrators I’m interested it in.
- Not all romance sub genres are equal. It appears that contemporary romance has the biggest selection (that I’ve found).
- The steamy level should be taken as a suggestion. I’ve found what they label “hot damn” is more like simmering (at least for me)
For the most part the package is a nice supplement for romance listeners. Instead of using your full price credits on titles you can get through the program is a great way to budget those credits on other titles not available or in different genres.
This package is also great for people who do not have access to a great public library system. I’m lucky that my main library source as a huge audiobook catalog but sometimes they are limited in the way of not having all the books in a series. I’ve found a few titles so far through the Audible Romance package I could not get through the library.
If you are a big fan of the romance genre on audio and you listen to at least 10 audiobooks a month this package could save you some serious money. Even if you don’t have a membership through Audible, $14.95 a month for 10 titles (or more!) is a cheap deal. Come on that’s less than $2 per audiobook.
I highly recommend this package for romance lovers. After all you can cancel at anytime. Give it a go for the free trail for 30 days and see if it’s for you.
After 17 years I've finally finished my BA in English (no I do not want to be a teacher). Before majoring in English I would not have touched anything labeled "classic", but I have enjoyed a few along the way in my college career.
While I hated to read growing up, I am now an avid book reader and audiobook listener. I love rejecting reality one book at a time. I only read fiction within my favorite (at least to date) genres which include: most romance (paranormal, contemporary, D/s, BDSM, M/M)Urban Fantasy, and a few YA (mostly PNR or UF from favorite adult authors, but I'm slowly stepping out of my comfort zone after enjoying a few contemporary YA novels in adolescent literature class I took).
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- Closing Time . . . - December 31, 2017
- Audible Romance Package - December 30, 2017
- Top 10 of 2017 – Top 10 Books I’m looking forward to in 2018 - December 29, 2017