How to Christmas Shop for a Pixie (namely Minka Winslow)
By Gage Hudson, vampire and Gotham City Collector
- Buy sparkly things. Pixies, like their fae cousins, love sparkly things. Minka is no exception. Diamonds or rhinestones, sequins or glitter, doesn’t matter as long as it sparkles.
- Go for the edgy gift. Weapons are always a good choice. Especially knives that can be tucked into a boot or hidden up a sleeve.
- Invest in sweets. Chocolates, good chocolates – the fancy kind with gold flecks and exotic fruit flavors – those pretty much get eaten the same day they’re opened. Did I mention pixies have a sweet tooth?
- Buy perfume, unless you want it dumped down the sink. Pixies aren’t big on artificial scents but they are brutally honest. If they don’t like your gift, you’ll know it. Immediately.
- Buy anything with bells, real or otherwise. Look, it’s Christmas and there’s stuff with bells all over the place – bracelets, sweaters, bell shaped candy – just don’t. Pixies seriously hate bells. LOATHE them. The sound of bells can kill a pixie, so it’s easy to see why, right?
- Try to lie about where you hid the gifts. If a pixie really wants to find out where the presents are, they’ll just dust you (pixie dust is like a truth serum) and get the info out of you that way. For this reason, I suggest shopping Christmas Eve.
Double or Nothing (Sin City Collectors #6)
by Kristen Painter
Welcome to Las Vegas, home of the Sin City Collectors. The job description is easy: Bring the offending supernatural in to the Boss and don’t ask any questions.
Gage Hudson is a vampire on a mission. All he wants—all he’s ever wanted—is to locate the vampire who killed his brother and exact his revenge. Even if that means losing his job as a Gotham City Collector. And he knows what loss feels like, because his desire for revenge has already cost him the love of his life.
Sin City Collector and pixie Minka Winslow has revenge fantasies of her own and they all involve Gage. When he walked out on her with no explanation, she took the heat for the Collection he ruined. Fortunately for him, she’s put that part of her life behind her.
At least until the two are forced to work together to stay alive. When an enemy from their past returns to threaten them, they have no choice but to reconcile long enough to survive. Then new information changes everything. Just how much will they gamble to make things work this time?
What’s Collected in Vegas, stays in Vegas…
*All Sin City Collectors Novellas are stand alone novellas, all set within the world of the SCC. Our goal is for you to sit back and enjoy the ride as each author presents their unique story. The world of the Sin City Collectors is big. Places and characters will overlap, so be sure to look for your favorites and stay tuned for more novellas!
three copies of Double or Nothing by Kristen Painter